Saturday 18 March 2017

3D Christmas Tree Earrings - updated barely in time for St. Patrick's Day! ;-)

Yes, I finally had time to tweak my pattern — you can download it here. Many thanks to Muskaan for test-tatting my pattern, and for her very helpful and detailed comments on it. If you check out her test-tatting blogpost, you'll see her 3D tatted tree trunk for these earrings. I intend to try that out for my next pair!

Here are a couple more pictures of the earrings. The one in off-white is actually a prototype, and the one with the square beads at the base I tatted for myself — managed to finish them just in time for a party on Christmas Day!

3D Christmas Tree Earrings: Prototype with blue base bead


3D Christmas Tree Earrings for myself

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone who celebrates it! If you feel like tatting today, you can check out my Trefoil Hearts Shamrock in the Patterns section.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful trees, and thank you for the patterns, Somehow I never noticed them before, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they are so impressive. What I really really like is the fact that random beads can be used (I have had a lot of spillages so have a container full) and also have loads of the square tree trunk beads. Hope if I can tat the pattern, many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Yes, random beads are fine - they don't even have to be the same size. There's quite a lot of room for variation in this pattern. I look forward to seeing your tatted trees!

      Delete
  3. The white tree looks snowed-on! Love it !!! I enjoyed tatting the tress and need to get back to stringing beads on my first one ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Christmas tress, I like the way you put different sizes of beads makes it more like a tree at Christmas
    Thank you for sharing your pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed this pattern can take different-sized beads. I didn't even think of that until people commented on it!

      Delete
  5. They look fabulous!!! :)
    Thank you for sharing your pattern!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, Everyone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this pattern! I was wondering if this could be made with a needle? I am a selftought needle tatter.😀
    Best regards from Argentina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Grace!I am a selftoght tought needle tatter and would like to know if this could be done with a needle? Would really like to make one for this coming Christmas!! Thank you for sharing!! Regards from Argentina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry I didn't see your posts until today! I have never done needle tatting, so I am not sure about making this with a needle. If you are able to make thrown/floating rings with a needle, then you can make this pattern.

      Delete