Tuesday 11 March 2014

Victorian Trellis Doily - still in progress

I have recently been spending a lot of time at the hospital. Bad for designing and diagramming, but good for actually tatting. :-) I am now tatting two doilies that are running as tat-alongs on InTatters.

The Victorian Trellis Doily is an antique pattern from The Priscilla Tatting Book No. 2 (1915 - available for free as a PDF from the Antique Pattern Library, and also from Dover Books as Tatting Patterns, edited by Julia E. Sanders). Last year, or perhaps year before, a lot of members in InTatters members were tatting it and encouraging each other. Frivole blogged about hers in detail, with instructions and videos. This inspired and enabled a lot of us to follow in her footsteps. (Do a search for "Victorian Trellis" on Frivole's blog.)

I finally decided that I couldn't resist its beauty, and I started on it late last year (thread I'm using: DMC Cebelia Size 30, Ivory). Round 1 took me a long time, but the succeeding rounds have gone much faster. I'm now in Round 5. I'll probably slow down now, because I'm now onto another doily! More about that in another post.

Victorian Trellis Doily, Round 1, 32 repeats
Round 2 in progress

Round 3 almost done

Round 5 in progress

3 comments:

  1. Grace how pretty. Which book is the pattern in? If love to have it for my collection and to hopefully give it a try. Frivole's tutorial On her blog was very helpfully. Thanks for sharing your works on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't notice that you had a question! Actually, all the book information is in the post above. You can download it for free, but I actually bought the Dover book.

      Delete
  2. Here is the link where you can download the PDF of Priscilla Tatting Book No. 2: http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/pub/PDF/B-JA034Sanders.pdf
    It's just chockfull of gorgeous and classic designs.

    ReplyDelete